Never miss a new episode of Lightbulb Moment! Sign up for the weekly newsletter and you’ll also learn behind-the-scenes stories and get bonus tips not shared in the episodes.
Adria DeCorte knew there was a problem when she spent three months of 80-hour weeks to produce a one-day event that netted her zero clients. She wished there was someone like present-day her to take a look and tell her what the problem was. She limped along for months before hiring a coach to show her what she didn’t know she didn’t know.
She originally tried to pivot from her wellness coaching work to her messaging coach work by integrating the two worlds. She envisioned a tree where the roots were self-care, the trunk was messaging, and the branches were visibility. She quickly realized she was trying to do too much with her clever connections, and that she was just confusing her people.
More in this episode…
- How to burnout-proof your business
- How to have huge leaps by figuring out how to walk in others’ shoes
- Taking off your expert hat to see where your people are and what they’re struggling with
- The frightening moments Adria had when she reached a point of either changing something in her business or shutting it down entirely
- How she got the nudge she needed to help others in their businesses
- What an achievement inventory is, and how it can help you
- Why she deleted an entire email list and shut down a Facebook group
- How to know when your messaging is the problem you’re having
- The compelling impact that occurs when you get clear on your messaging
- The powerful questions to ask your potential clients
Adria DeCorte, M.S., is a Messaging Coach, helping women coaches uncover the marketing message that lights them up AND communicates the value in their work so they can reach more people, scale their business and start a movement. A TEDx speaker and former architect turned plant ecologist, she is the creator of the program Get Clear, Get Clients, host of the Unforgettable Podcast, and her expert advice has been featured on the Huffington Post, the Fox Morning News Las Vegas, and over 30 interviews. When she’s not geeking out over words on her laptop, she can be found hiking around Vegas with her puppy-child Lexi the doberman.
Think Like a CEO
Tired of checking things off your to-do list, yet feeling totally stalled? Use this checklist to craft meaningful goals that actually move your business forward.