Growing up, Angela Greaser learned that you graduate high school, go to college, get a job, then work your way up in the company. That was the right thing to do. Doing your own thing wasn’t the right, safe, and stable thing to do.
When her first daughter was born, Angela wanted to stay home at least part of the time, and started doing some online work to help pay for student loans and household extras. But it wasn’t the right fit. Her husband, Dan, was always going to be in his corporate job, because that’s what you’re “supposed to do.” But it wasn’t the right fit.
Eventually, the pair realized the right fit was combining their business superpowers and starting a business together. Their leap of faith paid off, and their company is growing by leaps and bounds.
More in this episode:
- How Angela integrated her graphics design, marketing, and copywriting skills into her side hustle, and how that work eventually served as the starting point for the couple’s company.
- Her mindset shift from doing a job so others could pay her, to having her own company where she paid herself.
- The family’s relocation, with a 3-year old and an 8-months-pregnant Angela.
- The move from just doing marketing work for clients, to coaching them on business structure and procedures.
- What finally happened to bring Dan out of the corporate rat race and into All The Ops.
- The fallacy of stability.
- What about health insurance for a self-employed family?
- How to determine what’s worth it, what’s the worst thing that could happen, and what’s the best thing that could happen.
- Analyzing whether you and your partner should work together.
Angela Greaser is operations strategist and co-founder of All the Ops. When she’s not busy systemizing and streamlining business with her co-founder/husband, Dan, she’s soaking up nature in the Maine woods with her two daughters and two crazy dogs.
Jessica Rhodes at Interview Connections
Free Email Series: 5 Steps to a Mindset Shift
Tired of struggling with self-doubt, imposter syndrome, comparison-itis, or other negative thoughts? Learn my five-step process for changing your mindset.