In 2018, it is a lot easier for LGBT individuals to come out than it was 50 years ago and even less than that, but it doesn’t mean it’s easy. Do you ever wonder contemplate coming out to a loved one or family member, but aren’t sure how? Or maybe you have come out already, but you’re not sure how to navigate those relationships now? Join me on today’s episode where special guest Mason talks about the importance of educating yourself and those in your life, and giving them the time they need to come out as well.
- How Mason, after coming out, made their parents more homophobic
- Why it Mason longer than normal to come out, compared to the average millennial
- What it was like to come out in a small town, Christian family
- How our own projections can filter our relationships
- Mason’s relationship with their mom 7 years after an important conversation
- Mason’s advice on how to manage coming out to those closest to you
- The importance of protecting your emotional energy and choosing your battles
- How Mason’s coming out journey has played into educating businesses about LGBT topics
- The importance of educating yourself when it comes to unfamiliar or sensitive topics
- The one thing you can do when it comes to learning and acceptance
Becky Mollenkamp is a business coach and the creator of the Own it, Crush it movement. With nearly 15 years of experience as a business owner, she helps women navigate the mindset and tactical struggles of self-employment. Through her courses, exclusive membership community, and virtual coaching, Becky has helped thousands of women own and crush their boss status. Join her online community for women business owners at https://www.facebook.com/groups/OwnItCrushIt.
Follow and connect with Becky:
Free Email Series: 5 Steps to a Mindset Shift
Tired of struggling with self-doubt, imposter syndrome, comparison-itis, or other negative thoughts? Learn my five-step process for changing your mindset.