For years, Hailey Dale had a guilty secret. She was telling her clients one thing about content (you can do less!), but not entirely practicing what she was preaching. She felt like a fraud, but also felt trapped by the endless content creation grind.
Nearing burnout, she accepted a challenge to take an intentional month-long content creation hiatus, and used that time to promote older posts. That experience showed her a more effective approach to content—building an evergreen library of content.
It took guts, but this change has helped Hailey’s monthly revenue more than double. The “doing less to do more” approach has freed her up to focus on the highest-impact, revenue-generating activities. Even more than that, it’s given her more space to create higher-quality content when inspired and to put effort into collaborations and real-time marketing techniques.
Now Hailey gets more done in less time, working 6 hours or less a day. Best of all, breaking up with the guilt over her content calendar had a profound effect on her mental health.
More nuggets in this episode:
- The fears around not sharing nonstop content feel real, but those worst fears usually don’t come true (4:08)
- An intentional month-long content hiatus sounds scary, but can be a game changer (5:19)
- Taking a break from content can help you get re-energized about creating content from a more meaningful space (7:45)
- The “forever funnel” method allows people to do more while doing less, meaning shift focus from constantly creating content to spending time on revenue-generating activities or just having better work-life balance (10:45)
- New mindset issues that crop up when you build a business that allows you to work less without making less (12:25)
- Stuck on the content hamster wheel? There are a few practical things you can do to relieve the stress right awy (17:08)
Hailey Dale, MA is a certified content strategist and founder of Your Content Empire, where she partners with small business owners who are over the shoulds and ready to build their content empires – their way. Through her programs, DIY content kits and award-winning, tell-all weekly blog, she’s helped thousands of entrepreneurs create smarter content on a consistent basis that delights them and their customers while growing their bottom lines.
Website | Instagram | Pinterest
- “Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself” by Michael Michalowicz
- Amber McCue’s How to Clone Yourself course