Never miss a new episode of Lightbulb Moment! Sign up for the weekly newsletter and you’ll also learn behind-the-scenes stories and get bonus tips not shared in the episodes.
Denise Duffield-Thomas was working from 4:30 am until 10 pm five or six days a week because she thought she had to cater to everyone else’s preferences. She was afraid of setting boundaries, worried people would think she was a bitch (pretty ironic for someone whose business is called Lucky Bitch!).
Denise finally established boundaries when she had kids, although she says you don’t need to wait for motherhood to start claiming your own space. Her message to women business owners? You can run YOUR business YOUR way, and it’s 100% okay.
More in this episode…
- The dangers of letting lessons like “it’s better to give than to receive” run our lives
- Why trying to be all things to all people is a disservice to yourself and the random clients you’re attracting
- How you train people in how to treat you
- Why answering every question from everybody robs them of vital opportunities to feel their own feelings and have their own lightbulb moments
- How saying no and setting boundaries can lead to helping more people
- The small mindset shifts that comprise Denise’s only business strategy
Denise Duffield-Thomas is the money mindset mentor for the new wave of entrepreneurs. Her books “Lucky Bitch,” “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch,” and the upcoming “Chillpreneur” (Hay House) give a fresh and runny roadmap to create an outrageously successful life and business. Denise helps women create wealth through her mindset courses and practical wisdom on releasing money blocks.
Free Email Series: 5 Steps to a Mindset Shift
Tired of struggling with self-doubt, imposter syndrome, comparison-itis, or other negative thoughts? Learn my five-step process for changing your mindset.