Word-of-mouth advertising is the most effective and affordable way to get new business (92% of consumers believe a recommendation from a friend or family over any other type of advertising).
Here are a few ways to get people talking about your business and sending new clients your way.
- Make your customer service so memorable that people are compelled to tell others (for example, send handwritten thank-you notes or give small gifts on clients’ birthdays).
- Add a line at the end of your e-newsletters encouraging readers to forward to their friends.
- Create a referral program to motivate customers to send new business your way.
- Create a company page on LinkedIn and share valuable content your target audience will want to read and share.
- Send press releases about your company’s newest products or latest achievements to trade magazines.
- If you’re quoted or featured in a news story, share it on your website, push it out on social media, and include it in your e-newsletter.
- Attend industry events to build your network of referral partners. Make sure you spend time talking to people and learning about their businesses; networking is a two-way street.
- Speak at conferences, networking events, or even the local library. Hand out business cards and encourage attendees to share your contact information with anyone who may need your services.
- Ask current customers for testimonials you can add to your website.
- Refer business you can’t handle (whether you’re too busy or it falls outside of your scope) to other businesses, and they’ll be more likely to return the favor.
- Run a highly targeted Facebook ad focused on influencers in your niche.
- Join LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+ groups where your customers spend time. Contribute to the conversations and provide helpful information (not promotional content).
Journaling for Success
Grab this free workbook filled with daily questions to fuel your journaling for self-discovery and business growth.