It’s time to get serious about LinkedIn.
LinkedIn can help help you land clients who pay more, pay on time, and are more likely to give you ongoing work.
Are you busy chasing the same small business owners every other creative is pursuing? You know, people with small budgets who you worry won’t pay on time or (worse) at all?
You might be surprised to learn how many high-paying corporate clients are looking for creative help from the likes of writers, designers, illustrators, photographers, event planners, calligraphers, and more. And they are searching on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest online professional network with more than 500 million members. It’s where decision makers for all the large (and most of the small) companies go when they need to hire help, including contractors.
If you’re not using LinkedIn or if you’re still treating it like a static resume, you’re missing out. Stop leaving money on the table and start using LinkedIn to grow your business. This course will show you how.
* This course is designed for solopreneurs and small businesses that sell services or products to other businesses, and is intended for individuals who have limited experience with LinkedIn. If you sell direct to consumers or are already a LinkedIn whiz, then you'll likely not benefit from the information in this course. *
In this course, you'll learn how to:
- Set up a LinkedIn account
- Devise a keyword strategy for your profile
- Optimize your profile to increase your search rankings
- Customize your settings to get found
- Use the photos and graphics to make your profile more attractive
- Solicit recommendations from your peers
- Use content to stay top-of-mind with clients and prospects
- Decide what content to create and how to share it
- Find and make connections
- Move those relationships offline
- Join and participate in groups to build your network
And there’s even more. This course includes nearly 45 minutes of videos, all broken down into bite-size chunks so you can complete the program in short bursts. It makes it easy to follow along and update your profile as you go. There are also a few downloadable goodies and links to some helpful resources.
If you've been meaning to learn how to leverage LinkedIn for your services business, now is the time to stop thinking about it and start taking action!
My LinkedIn Story
I've spent 13 years growing a successful content marketing business working with mid- to large-size corporate clients. For many years, LinkedIn has been my top referral source and new clients routinely find me through LinkedIn (not the other way around).
LinkedIn is directly responsible for more than half of the annual income in my content marketing business. Currently, just two of my clients (who found me via LinkedIn) account for nearly $50k of income alone.
The amount of time I spend using LinkedIn is minimal compared to the amazing ROI I get. The clients I've landed using LinkedIn not only pay better than the solopreneurs I've worked with, they pay quickly and on time (reliablity). They also almost always come back for repeat work on an ongoing basis (consistency). Even better, many have been receptive to retainer work (stability).