I’m a feminist life coach for high achievers.
You’ve achieved so much in life already, and you have many more big goals. You want to get there, yet you feel unmotivated and keep procrastinating (perhaps fueled by perfectionism). It leaves you feeling stuck.
You’re not alone. I work with smart, ambitious folks like you who are ready to stop feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated, but not if means giving up on their big goals.
When we work together, we will…
- Uncover and unlearn the conditioning that makes you feel stuck, overwhelmed, and unworthy.
- Cultivate unrelenting self-compassion so you can confidently take steps in a new direction.
- Redefine your definition of success to focus on what you really want from life (not what you think you should want).
- Develop tools for staying the course even when things get difficult (and they will).
My coaching operates through an inclusive feminist lens supported by my values, commitments, and education (see below).
There are 2 ways to work with me:
My coaching work is rooted in these key principles:
- Curiosity: I’m not here to pass judgment on you or your actions. I ask questions that help you consider yourself and your actions in a new, more loving way.
- Choice: You have agency, and you don’t need me to tell you want to do. I simply act as a guide as you come to your own decisions about what’s right for you.
- Consent: To make sure you feel safe in the coaching relationship, I frequently check on your comfort with my approach, your commitments, and our arrangement.
- Compassion: Blame and shame are the patriarchy’s sharpest tools—and that’s why they are completely removed from my coaching toolbox. There is nothing wrong with you, and I aim to never make you feel like there is.
I am dedicated to the practice of coaching, not the business of coaching.
Equity: I reject racist patriarchy (and all its oppressive manifestations), and commit to fighting the harm it causes through my work, privilege, and money.
Growth: I never stop learning about myself and others, which necessarily means owning my faults, admitting my mistakes, and listening with an open heart and mind.
Courage: I am committed to living out my values even when it’s emotionally, financially, or otherwise difficult. That’s the heart of being a Gutsy Boss.
Living a 100% authentic life means being 100% clear on your values.
Who we learn from is as important as what we say or do.
Below are some of the educators who have contributed to my worldview and coaching work.
Anti-Racism: Audre Lorde, Ericka Hart (Racial and Social Justice 101 and 102), “How to be an Anti-Racist” by Ibram X. Kendi, Seeing White podcast from Scene on Radio, “My Grandmother’s Hands” by Resmaa Menakem, Rachel Cargle
Coaching: Learning Journeys (Coach Practitioner Certification), Trudi Lebron (Dismantle Racist Patriarchy in Coaching, Nov. 2022 cohort), International Coaching Federation (Professional Certified Coach accreditation), Feminist Coach Academy year-long training
Embodiment: “Fearing the Black Body” by Sabrina Strings, “Wisdom of Your Body” by Hillary McBride, “Burnout” by the Nagoski sisters, “The Body Keeps the Score” by Bessel van der Kolk, “The Body is Not an Apology” by Sonya Renee Taylor, Mindful Closet
Patriarchal Deconditioning: “Patriarchy Stress Disorder” by Valerie Rein
When you support my business, you are aligning with a vision of a world built on the principles of justice, equity, and human dignity. I am committed to running an inclusive, anti-racist business.
I recognize that as a white, well-educated, middle-class, able-bodied, and neurotypical woman, I hold much unearned privilege and power. I acknowledge I’ve knowingly and unknowingly upheld racist, sexist, and otherwise oppressive ideas in the past. And I know that it’s my responsibility to challenge the unjust framework of a racist patriarchal society.
I am always engaging in the process of unlearning my own racist patriarchal conditioning, and in developing anti-racist beliefs and practices both personally and professionally. I aim to better educate myself so that I can continue to align my values with the way I live my life and run my business.
Every human deserves a life that feels safe and secure.
I redistribute 10% of profits to human rights organizations.
In 2021, contributions went to…
Action Against Hunger
Equal Justice Initiative
Transgender Law Center
Clean the World